Town is in Nature Too: Urban Folk Magic
This is a pre-recorded class that will be emailed to all ticket holders on the airdate below.
Airdate: Saturday December 10, 2022
While the natural world has been foundational to practices of traditional Ozark folk healing and magic, so many of us today are far removed from the forested hills and hollers of our ancestors. But, as one of my favorite mentors told me, “Town is in nature too,” meaning that the flow of life and magic isn’t just in wilderness areas, but can be accessed and utilized in wondrous ways even in the concrete jungle.
In this class, we will be looking at how modern Ozark practitioners have creatively utilized the urbanized landscape as a part of their practice. Specific areas will include:
- Examining the magical landscape itself and find entryways into the Otherworld by means of abandoned buildings, urban parks, cemeteries, and the crossroads.
- Cultivating your roots in nature through magical gardening.
- Community support as a magical act.
- Reading signs and omens in the urban landscape.
- Collecting and using specific magical materia related to society and town structures (e.g. bank dirt, library water, etc.)
By purchasing this class, you agree that you understand that no part of the material dictated or provided throughout the duration of the course may be reproduced, distributed, or used in any other form (neither electronic nor mechanic, including photocopies and recordings), without the direct and written consent of the instructor, Brandon Weston.